Monday, February 20, 2012

Been a while

With everything going on since August I haven't had time to blog or even think about my blog. So much has happened the past few months and I am finally back to tell the tales and keep going on my journey!

I moved my blog here so the dates don't match up correctly for the past 3 posts, but from here on out, I am here to stay!

Since August 2011 my husband and I have moved into a new apartment (which we love) thanks to a nice pay raise that resulted from my promotion at my job to entry management. Things are going really well.

The last update I put out with our debt was one credit card paid off and one card sitting at $7000. I am happy to say that we are now at a balance of $4500! We have strayed a bit from the Dave Ramsey ideas of cash envelopes and starting using our other credit card again, but we have been able to pay it off as we use it and earn some sweet cash rewards with it! But i don't suggest deciding to do this lightly. It would be so easy to slip back into the old habits of "paying it off next week." My husband and I are committed to keeping it at a $0 balance and work hard every week to keep that commitment!

With all of these changes and busy schedules my health and fitness goals have been pushed to the back burner.

First, some back story on my health....

Back in April of 2011 I start my period as normal, and it never ended! For months it didn't end. I chocked it up to stress at first but after a couple of months of this i knew something was wrong! I finally got into my Gynecologist in July and after having multiple tests run including an ultrasound and an endometrial biopsy we discovered i didn't have cancer and no real reason for what was happening. Usually when this happens to a woman, the doctor will put them on Birth control, but in my case i weighed in at 290 lbs and had a blood pressure reading at 165/86. I was shocked by all of this information. This was the most i have ever weighed and my blood pressure was scary high and birth control would only make it worse.

This was when i had my breakthrough. I was literally going to kill myself one day from all of this, and i was so scared that i would never be able to have children! I had to do something! From that day I joined weight watchers and started watching my sodium content to shoot for 1500 mg a day. I also started frequenting the gym on a daily basis. Within a week and a half i lost 7 pounds and brought my BP down to 126/86. A huge improvement!

I came back in for my follow up with my gyno in august  and had lost 11 pounds and brought my BP to 126/82 and he put me on birth control. I was thrilled, and after taking it for a month my period went away and i have been normal ever since.


I kept up this lifestyle through october and reached a peak of 21 lbs weighing in at 269, but the holidays derailed my progress. With the moving, job changes, stress and holiday food i was afraid to step on the scale. I didn't touch my WW app for a couple of months and started feeling my close getting tighter again. I finally stepped back on the scale yesterday (Feb. 19) and was pleasantly surprised that i had only gained back 3 pounds at 272.

This was enough motivation to get my back going! Starting tomorrow I am going to do a 7 day cleanse to get me going again and my husband and i are really going to utilize our new gym....

Heres to a happy and healthy 2012! This is my year, i can feel it! My next weight loss goal is 261, so 11 pounds! I know i can do it and i want to make sure that when i go back to my gyno for a check up in the next few months that he doesn't take me off my pills because of my BP.

I'll be back to let you know my progess! Stay tuned!

-Milly

No comments:

Post a Comment